Introduction to building control
Introduction to our services
The main purpose of the building control service is to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings. This is achieved in a number of different ways, some of which are proactive measures, while others are reactive.
We aim to provide advice and assistance to achieve quality of design and construction in buildings in accordance with the building regulations and associated legislation. Our services include:
- A professional and accountable service
- Pre-application advice
- Conditional approvals if required
- Provision of a development team approach
- Daily access to building control surveyors for technical advice
- Same day inspection of building work where possible (if notified by 10 a.m.). See inspection requirements
- Inspection of key stages of building work to determine compliance with the requirements of the building regulations. See inspection requirements
- LANTAC (Local Authority National Type Approval Certificate) scheme for dwellings, commercial and industrial buildings
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres
- The control of dangerous structures
For an individually tailored quotation, complete our contact form and attach a copy of your drawings and any supporting information regarding your proposed scheme.
Last updated: 09/10/2017 09:41