How council tax is used
How your money is spent for the period 2017/18
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council doesn't keep all the council tax we collect from you. In fact, we keep only 8p in every pound.
We collect the rest of the money on behalf of other authorities who also provide services in your area. These are Leicestershire County Council, combined fire authority, Leicestershire Police authority and your local parish.
Spending on services is also supported by:
- Government grants
- Rates paid by businesses
- Fees, charges and other income
When you pay your council tax bill, you pay for other organisations. View their council tax charges:
- Council spending plans 2017/18 (leicestershire.gov.uk)
- Council tax leaflet 2017/18 (leics.pcc.police.uk)
- Council tax information leaflet 2017/18 (leicestershire-fire.gov.uk)
- Your local parish or town council
Last updated: 10/03/2017 12:08