What is the Homelessness Strategy?
The Homelessness Strategy 2015 – 2020 is the document which sets out how the council will prevent homelessness in the borough by ensuring housing, advice and support is available to meet the individual needs of people who are facing, or experiencing homelessness.
It sets out the following six priorities for the next five years:
- Close liaison with, and increased use of the private rented sector to meet the need of priority housing applicants, including using the Tailored Housing Solutions service
- Proactive engagement with people at risk of homelessness, particularly with those from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups
- Increasing work with partners in the voluntary and private sectors to ensure a joined up service is offered to people at risk of homelessness
- Maximising new affordable housing in the right place, of the right type
- Identifying sources of funding to grow the service
- Reviewing temporary accommodation
Last updated: 17/03/2017 10:15