Local Plan 2006 - 2026 documents
Which documents make up the Local Plan 2006 - 2026?
The following documents make up the Local Plan 2006 - 2026 documents.
Local Development Scheme (LDS)
The LDS outlines the borough council's timetable for the preparation of the new Local Plan 2006 - 2026 which replaces the adopted Hinckley and Bosworth Local Plan 2001.
The LDS contains the following information:
- An explanation of the changes that have been made to the planning system
- Identification of the borough council's priorities for which documents will be prepared over the next three years
- An indication of the priorities beyond these three years
Development Plan Documents (DPDs)
DPDs outline the council's policies for development within the borough. The DPDs carry the most weight for making decisions on planning applications.
A proposals map illustrating where the policies will apply will be produced and maintained to accompany all DPDs.
The following DPDs are included in the Local Plan 2006 - 2026 documents:
- Core Strategy DPD
- Site Allocations & Development Management Policies DPD
- Hinckley Town Centre Area Action Plan (AAP) DPD
- Gypsy & Traveller Allocations DPD
- Earl Shilton & Barwell AAP DPD
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
SPDs provide further details to policies in DPDs but do not carry the same weight in determining planning applications.
The following SPDs are included in the Local Plan 2006 - 2026 documents:
- Shopping & Shop Fronts SPD
- Burbage Village Design Statement
- Ratby Village Design Statement
- Affordable Housing SPD
- Rural Needs SPD
- Hinckley Town Centre Strategic Development Transport Contributions SPD
- Play & Open Space Developer Contributions SPD
Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) [formerly Annual Monitoring Report]
The AMR is produced by the council. It contains information on the implementation of the LDS and the extent to which the policies set out in the adopted Local Plan 2001 and the Local Plan 2006 - 2026 documents are being achieved.
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The SCI sets out the standards to which the local planning authority will engage and consult the public and other stakeholders during the production of the LDF and when dealing with planning applications. The draft SCI (submission draft) went out for consultation from 4 January 2006 to 15 February 2006, The SCI was approved by Full Council for submission to the Secretary of State in March 2006.
Sustainability Appraisal (SA)
SA is the process of assessing the 'sustainability' of a plan under preparation.
Last updated: 30/08/2016 11:09