Hinckley fund to be relaunched
Published Tuesday, 03 January 2017
A FUND aimed at helping to develop community projects in the Hinckley urban area is set to be relaunched by the Borough Council.
The Hinckley Community Initiative Fund, will have an initial budget of £10,000 to spend on capital projects in the town.
It will mirror the Parish and Community Initiative Fund, which has been successfully helping to fund community projects in the rural areas of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough for the past 12 years.
The key features of the new fund are:
- Maximum £10,000 available
- Maximum grant of £10,000 per project, with a maximum 50% of the capital cost funded
- Only capital items will be funded
- Only constituted community groups with a bank account within Hinckley may apply
- Applications to be made by the end of March 2017and funding will be allocated in May 2017
- Hinckley Area Committee will be consulted on recommended grants
The Chair of the Hinckley Area Committee, Councillor Jan Kirby, welcomed the initiative and said: “I am delighted the council has been able to relaunch this fund and look forward to it having a positive impact on the development of community-based projects in the Hinckley area.”
Applications are invited from 4 January 2017 and the closing date is 31 March 2017. Application packs are available by contacting either Jo Biddles on 01455 255728, or by our contact form
For more information about the scheme call Paul Scragg on 01455 255983 or email: email@example.com
- More articles in the press release archive