Refuse collection service
Items we don't collect - black wheeled bin
Unsuitable items - construction waste:
- Ceramics and tiles (roof and bathroom type)
- Paving slabs
The above are classed as construction waste by both the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Controlled Waste Regulations 1992. You will need to make your own arrangements to dispose of these items such as using a local skip company or taking the items to your local Recycling and Household Waste Site (leicestershire.gov.uk)
Other common unsuitable items:
- Paint - this can be recycled via Leicestershire County Council at Whetstone Recycling & Household Waste site
- All types of liquids waste - cannot be sent to landfill
- Hazardous items such as asbestos, needles and chemicals
- Long life light bulbs and fluorescent lighting
This is not an exhaustive list.
Information on how to dispose of items (leicestershire.gov.uk) we don't collect.
Please contact us if you need advice on how to dispose of unusual items.
Last updated: 27/03/2017 15:23