Recycling and household waste sites
Information and links
This service is provided by Leicestershire County Council.
Have your say
Residents are encouraged to have their say on Leicestershire County Council proposals to save £1.1 million from these sites. The council wants to hear people's views on a variety of proposals to reduce costs, without having to close sites completely. Find out more and have your say on recycling and household waste sites (leics.gov.uk)
- Winter opening times are 9am to 4pm (1 October to 31 March). Sites will be open on Saturdays, Sundays and three other days during the winter period. Actual days vary at each site
- Summer opening times are 9am to 7pm (1 April to 30 September). Sites open seven days a week
- Vehicles are allowed access to the site up to five minutes before closing time
- Vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- All sites are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Please do not visit the sites when they are closed. People caught tipping waste when the sites are closed are liable to prosecution.
During the winter period this site is closed every Thursday and Friday.
Example of items recycled at the site on Stapleton Lane in Barwell:
- Plastic bottles and plastics
- Tapes and discs
- Scrap metal and food/drink cans
- Clothes and shoes
- Garden waste
- Cardboard and paper
- Batteries, fluorescent tubes, low energy bulbs, mobile phones
- Small electrical appliances, fridges/freezers, other electrical items, TVs and monitors
- Car batteries and used engine oil
- Chipboard, wood and plasterboard
- Cooking oil
Please visit Recycling & Household Waste Sites (leics.gov.uk) for more information on site locations and waste accepted at each site. You will have the option to click into links to give more specific information on each type of item.
This link will also provide information on:
- General permit to tip (free for domestic, non-business use)
- Chemical permit to tip (free for domestic, non-business use)
- County news and events
- Waste plans and policies
- Recycling/waste minimisation schemes
- Leicestershire Waste Partnership
You can also search for recycling facilities in your area by using the national website and typing in your postcode.
Last updated: 18/05/2015 16:45