Recycling and household waste sites
Barwell site (tip)
Stapleton Lane, Barwell, LE9 8HE.
This service is provided by Leicestershire County Council. There will be changes to recycling and household waste sites (tips) (leicestershire.gov.uk) from April 2016.
Barwell site - changes to opening times from April 2016
- Summer opening times are 9am to 7pm (1 April to 30 September). Open five days a week. Closed Thursdays and Fridays. Open Saturday to Wednesday
- Winter opening times are 9am to 4pm (1 October to 31 March). Open five days a week. Closed Thursdays and Fridays. Open Saturday to Wednesday
- Vehicles are allowed access to the site up to five minutes before closing time
- Vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- All sites are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Current opening times up until 31 March 2016
- Winter opening times are 9am to 4pm (1 October to 31 March). Open five days a week. Sites will be open Saturday to Wednesday. Closed Thursdays and Fridays
Please do not visit the sites when they are closed. People caught tipping waste when the sites are closed are liable to prosecution.
Example of items recycled at the site on Stapleton Lane in Barwell:
- Plastic bottles and plastics
- Tapes and discs
- Scrap metal and food/drink cans
- Clothes and shoes
- Garden waste (restrictions apply - see below)
- Cardboard and paper
- Batteries, fluorescent tubes, low energy bulbs, mobile phones
- Small electrical appliances, fridges/freezers, other electrical items, TVs and monitors
- Car batteries and used engine oil
- Chipboard, wood and plasterboard
- Cooking oil
Before visiting the recycling and household waste site, check the list of restricted items (leicestershire.gov.uk) as you may need a permit for some types of garden and household waste.
You can also search for recycling facilities in your area by using the national website and typing in your postcode.
Last updated: 08/02/2016 11:39