EU Exit advice and guidance

The UK will leave the European Union on 31 October

The government has created a dedicated section on its website with information and advice for people and businesses.

Please visit Get ready for Brexit (GOV.UK) for more information. You will find a lot of useful information for individuals and businesses.

EU settlement scheme

If you’re an EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (GOV.UK) to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Leicestershire County Council is one of the local councils providing a document scanning service for people applying to the EU Settlement Scheme.

This service is available to resident EU citizens with a valid EU passport, and to their non-EU citizen family members with a biometric residence card issued by the UK.

More about the Leicestershire County Council's EU Settlement Scheme document scanning service ( 

Prepare your business or organisation for EU exit

Get ready for Brexit: Businesses and organisations (GOV.UK) provides a helpful and detailed toolkit on how to prepare for running your business or organisation once the UK leaves the UK.

You might also be interested in:

Last updated: ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2019‎ ‎11‎:‎01‎