Delay to bin collections

Updates on bin collections

Christmas support payment

About the payment

The Christmas support payment is a government grant for ‘wet-led’ pubs to support pubs within the borough. 

The grant is for pubs that mainly serve alcohol rather than provide food in recognition that they have been severely impacted over the festive season due to temporary local restrictions.

Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off lump sum of £1,000 which will be paid by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council as this borough is currently subject to Tier 3 local restrictions.


To qualify, your pub must:

  • Be located in the borough of Hinckley and Bosworth
  • Derive less than 50% of your sales from food
  • Are in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions since 2 December 2020
  • Were established in the pub before 1 December 2020
  • Not exceed state aid limits (see below)
  • Not be in administration, insolvent or have a striking-off notice issued against it

Businesses excluded from the fund

You cannot get funding if your business:

  • Has exceeded the permitted state aid threshold
  • Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
  • Restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos are not eligible for this grant

How do I claim?

You can claim for this grant online:

Christmas support payment (

Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council is distributing the grant based on the business declaring that for the period prior to 11 March 2020 less than 50% of the pub's income came from the sales of food and this can be verified from your accounts.

See also:

FAQs: support grants for businesses forced to close under Tier 3 restrictions

You might also be interested in:

Support scheme for pubs in rural areas (

Last updated: ‎24/‎12‎/‎2020‎ ‎09:11