The Community Plan 2018 to 2022 details the long term vision for the Borough of Hinckley and Bosworth, and sets out the priorities for tackling the most important challenges facing the Borough in achieving this vision.
The Community Plan also sets out the arrangements in place, to ensure we can measure the impact of the work undertaken in improving the quality of life for the communities of the Borough.
Our priorities for improving the borough are:
- Getting people into jobs and creating a thriving local economy
- Keeping everyone safe
- Enabling good health and wellbeing for everyone
- Giving children the best start in life
- Supporting those most in need
- Supporting and sustaining a vibrant voluntary and community sector
We will achieve our priorities by working together, bringing together all of the organisations providing local services, including the local authority, the county council, police, the education sector, public health, private sector, and the voluntary and community sector. Senior representatives from each of these organisations form the Hinckley and Bosworth Local Strategic Partnership board (LSP).
The LSP oversees the delivery of the Community Plan, and ensures that progress is being made on the agreed priorities. The LSP board is supported by a range of key delivery partnerships, who deliver on the Community Plan priorities.
As well as regular review meetings, the LSP board has a specific annual review event, to assess overall progress in relation to Community Plan priorities. The event informs the LSP’s annual statement of achievements report, and enables the board to agree its recommendations for each of the key delivery partnerships for the following year.
Key delivery partnerships
Each partnership has its own arrangements for undertaking ongoing consultation and research, to understand their emerging priorities.
The key delivery partnerships are:
- Employment and skills partnership: a cross border partnership covering the areas of Hinckley & Bosworth, Nuneaton & Bedworth and North Warwickshire
- Hinckley BID (Hinckley Town Centre Partnership Ltd)
- Community safety partnership
- Health and wellbeing partnership
- Think family partnership
- Priority neighbourhood management arrangements: for priority neighbourhood areas in Earl Shilton, Barwell and Hinckley
- Voluntary and community sector
Each of the key delivery partnerships has detailed underpinning delivery plans to support their aims and priorities. They provide regular reports to the LSP board, and where appropriate the LSP makes recommendations to improve delivery arrangements and performance.
For information about the Hinckley & Bosworth Community Plan or work of the LSP board contact:
- Edwina Grant, Strategic and Community Planning Officer:
- Telephone: 01455 255629
- email: [email protected]
Last updated: 24/02/2020 12:40