About the support
We know there will be many people in our communities who will still need help and support during these times. The established coronavirus resident support scheme is for people who are self-isolating and may need some help as they have no support networks. We are working with a range of local agencies, charitable organisations and local volunteers.
The service will prioritise those people who have no one else to help and who are the most vulnerable, those with an underlying health condition(s), individuals who are on their own and feeling isolated and families that are struggling to cope.
Assistance we can provide:
- Link people into local support networks where these are in place
- Help with emergency food and advice on how to access on-going food provision
- Advice on financial help for those who are worried about their personal finances including the test and trace support payment scheme
- Advice on how to look after your health and wellbeing whilst self-isolating
- Advice on financial support available for food and energy costs through our COVID-19 Welfare Support Officer
How to request support
You can request support by calling us on 01455 238141 and ask for the Coronavirus Support Team. Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 5pm and on Friday from 8:30 to 4:30pm.
To request this support we will ask you to tell us:
- Your name
- Your address
- You contact details: telephone number and/or email address
- Your age group
- The help you want
- The current support you are receiving (if any)
For general enquiries about our resident support scheme, please complete our contact form
Last updated: 12/10/2021 12:45