We know there will be many people in our communities who need help and support during these times and we have set up a coronavirus resident support scheme for people who are self-isolating and may need some help as they have no support networks. We are working with a range of local agencies, charitable organisations and local volunteers.
The service will prioritise those people who have no one else to help and who are the most vulnerable, for example those over the age of 70, those with an underlying health condition, individuals who are on their own and feeling isolated and families that are struggling to cope.
Assistance we can provide:
- Link people into local support networks where these are in place
- Help with emergency food access and ongoing shopping assistance
- Advise on collection of prescriptions and other essentials
- Social contact for those who are lonely
- Advise on financial help for those who are worried about their personal finances including the new test and trace support payment scheme
- Advise on how to look after your health and wellbeing whilst self-isolating.
If you are self-isolating and have no support networks such as friends, family or neighbours please contact us by completing the request for support form.
How to request support
You can request support by completing our online form or alternatively telephone us using the details below. We are asking you to request this service online in the first instance to help with our high volume of calls.
To request this support we will ask you to tell us:
- Your name
- Your address
- You contact details: telephone number and/or email address
- Your age group
- The help you want
- The current support you are receiving (if any)
Request support online:
Request support by telephone:
Alternatively, if you cannot complete the online form please call us on 01455 238141 and ask for the coronavirus resident support scheme. Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 5pm and on Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For more information on who falls into the ’extremely vulnerable’ category and the support options available please visit guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 (GOV.UK).
For enquiries about this scheme, please complete our contact form
Last updated: 01/10/2020 10:01