How we will convey messages effectively
Get involved and have your say on how we communicate.
The key guiding principles for all communications are:
- We will ensure all communication is written in plain English so that it is clear, concise and accessible to everyone.
- We will be open and transparent.
- We will ensure that all communication and consultation is relevant, cost effective and shared with everyone who should know about it using the most efficient channel of communication available.
- We will be clear about what we are consulting on and tell people how their views can influence decisions.
- We will publish the results of each consultation and tell people how we have used the findings.
Following a consultation with customers, the guiding principles reflect customer priorities and wishes.
- Inform people about the services the council provides so that residents and businesses make the best possible use of council services.
- Show that the council is providing value for money in what we do. As well as ensuring that our customers use the services provided for them as efficiently and as effectively as we can, we want to ensure that customers value the services they receive from the council.
- Be accountable to local people. We will build trust by listening to the views of all our residents and representatives of local people, act upon them and tell them what action has been taken.
Here’s some of the things that we do:
- The council is committed to clear, transparent communication. Staff who speak to or write to customers have been trained in the use of plain English
- We send out the council’s own newsletter, The Borough Bulletin, to every household in the borough four times a year. Each edition contains an update on what the council has been doing and gives information about new services
- We keep in touch with residents and local media via this website every day
If you would like to comment on the way that we communicate, please contact us online or phone 01455 255630.
Last updated: 17/01/2018 16:16:52