Scope, issues and options consultation
What's is all about
We are asking for your views on what the scope of the Local Plan review should be, the issues that we need to address and what the options might be.
How to get involved
Before you complete this consultation:
- Read our scope, issues and options consultation document
- Read our review of policies
- Come to our drop in sessions and/or our presentations. Each presentation covers specific themes
Give us your views
Download, complete and return our consultation response form
Return the form by using our contact form or print your completed form and post this back to us.
This consultation runs for eight weeks, from Monday 8 January to Sunday 4 March 2018.
Drop in sessions and presentations
Come along and talk to us at any of our drop in sessions:
- Tuesday 9 January: 10am to 6pm at Sainsbury's, Hinckley
- Wednesday 17 January: 9.30am to 12.30pm at Markfield Community Centre
- Wednesday 17 January: 1.30pm to 5pm at Bagworth Community Centre
- Thursday 18 January: 1.30pm to 5pm at Burbage Millennium Hall
- Wednesday 24 January: 9.30am to 12.30pm at Earl Shilton Age UK
- Wednesday 24 January: 1.30pm to 4.30pm at Barwell George Ward Centre
Come along to any of our themed presentations:
- Tuesday 30 January: 4.45pm to 7.30pm at Market Bosworth St Peters Parish Hall. Theme: Housing
- Friday 2 February: 3pm to 6pm at Sheepy Magna Memorial Hall. Theme: vision and environment
- Monday 12 February: 2pm to 7pm at Newbold Verdon sports pavilion. Theme: overarching strategy and infrastructure
- Thursday 15 February: 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Witherley Village Hall. Theme: overarching strategy and infrastructure
- Wednesday 21 February: 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Groby Village Hall. Theme: healthy lives and tourism
- Monday 26 February: 4.30pm to 7.30pm at the Atkins Building, Hinckley. Theme: economic development
Call for sites
We are also launching a fresh ‘Call for Sites’ for landowners and interested parties to put forward land for housing and economic development. More information can be found on Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA)
Statement of community involvement
We are consulting on the Statement of Community Involvement as part of the emerging local plan. It is open to comments as part of this consultation.
We will use the results from this consultation to prepare a ‘Preferred Options’ Plan. The Preferred Options plan will include more detailed policy proposals, site allocations as well as further evidence. The Local Development Scheme contains details on the future stages of the Local Plan process.
Last updated: 22/01/2018 11:15