Due to maintenance, some of our online services may be unavailable from 9pm this evening until 8am tomorrow morning. Please don't complete an online form during this time. Sorry for any inconvenience.Services which may be unavailable
New directions for growth consultation
What's it all about?
We are currently reviewing our local plan. Between Monday 7 January and Sunday 3 March 2019 we are asking for your comments on the new directions for growth consultation paper.
We would like your views on the new directions for growth of the Local Plan review, how the borough should grow and where new housing and employment development should be located.
How to get involved?
Before you complete this consultation:
- Read our new directions for growth consultation document (PDF)
- Come to our drop in sessions
You can also view the consultation document at The Hinckley Hub and libraries within the borough.
Give us your views:
- Give us your views online: complete our new directions for growth consultation
- Download, complete and return our consultation response form (DOCX)
- Return the form by using our contact form
This consultation runs for eight weeks, from Monday 7 January to Sunday 3 March 2019.
Drop in sessions
Our planning officers will be available at a series of drop in sessions across the borough to discuss your views, answer any questions and advise on how to submit your comments.
Come along and talk to us at any of the following drop in sessions:
- Wednesday 9 January: 2pm to 8pm at Burbage Millennium Hall
- Thursday 10 February: 3pm to 7pm at Witherley Parish Rooms
- Wednesday 16 January: 11am to 7pm at Markfield Community Sports Centre
- Tuesday 29 January: 5pm to 8pm at Market Bosworth Village Hall
- Thursday 31 January: 11am to 7pm at Sainsbury's, Hinckley
Call for sites
We are also launching a fresh 'Call for Sites' for landowners and interested parties to put forward land which may have the potential for housing and economic development. If you wish to suggest a new site, we will ask for:
- Your details
- Landowner details
- Site details: potential use and constraints
- Site location plan (site boundary identified by a red line)
Alternatively, visit Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment 2019 for more information.
The deadline for suggestions is Sunday 3 March 2019 at 5pm.
After the consultation we will consider the comments received and start to prepare a ‘Preferred Options’ Plan. The Preferred Options plan will include more detailed policy proposals and potential site allocations as well as further evidence. The Local Development Scheme contains details on the future stages of the Local Plan process.
We aim to have a new Local Plan adopted in 2021.
Last updated: 03/01/2019 16:11