What is the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) LEADER programme?
North Warwickshire and Hinckley and Bosworth Local Action Group (LAG) has been awarded £1.416m to deliver the LEADER Programme 2015 to 2019. Under LEADER, LAGs can allocate money to local businesses, groups or organisations to help them carry out projects which create jobs, help businesses to grow and benefit the rural economy.
Visit the website for the North Warwickshire and Hinckley and Bosworth LEADER programme (northwarks.gov.uk) for further information.
LEADER is a French acronym which translates to 'Liaison among actors in rural economic development'. It is a well-established method of delivering Rural Development Programme (RDP) funding (GOV.UK) at the local level and is a source of European funding that will support the development of rural areas over the period up to 2020.
The focus of the programme is to deliver jobs and growth in rural areas through:
- Support for micro and small enterprises and farm diversification
- Support for increasing farm productivity
- Support for rural tourism
- Support for increasing forestry productivity
- Provision of rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
Last updated: 31/05/201712:24