Households in mortgage difficulty

What do I do next?

In all cases where repossession is a possibility, early intervention is the key. Homeowners are advised not to ignore any warning letters they receive as many lenders will work with their customers to find alternatives to repossession.

We may be able to contact your mortgage provider to arrange an affordable payment plan and may be able to put a defence into court to stop or delay the possession proceedings.

Those with other debts in addition to their mortgage arrears can ask the Citizen's Advice Bureau for money advice.

For more information about Government schemes to help with repossession, contact the council's Housing Options Team on 01455 238141.

Please visit our homelessness pages for further advice on how the council may be able to help you.

Last updated: 11/01/2018 09:28