There have been changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact us if you require assistance. Get the latest service information, government news and business support and advice.Coronavirus: information, advice and FAQs
What we do for you
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council provide services for our residents. These services are funded through the council tax and business rates our residents pay and other government grants.
The services we provide include:
- Bins, rubbish and recycling (rubbish collection)
- Council tax
- Benefits and grants
- Business advice including business rates
- Jobs and careers
- Parking, streets and transport
- Planning and building control
- Pests, pollution and food hygiene (environmental health)
- Events, parks, the arts and tourism
- Anti-social behaviour and crime
Where does your council tax go?
The money we collect from you is not all for Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council. In fact, we keep only 7.5 pence in every pound. The rest of the money is collected by us on behalf of a number of other authorities who also provide services in your area.
How every pound is distributed is illustrated in the pie chart:
- 73.8 pence to Leicestershire County Council
- 3.8 pence to Combined Fire Authority
- 11.8 pence to Police & Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire
- 3.1 pence to local parish councils
- 7.5 pence to Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Last updated: 31/08/2018 10:21