Car parks consultation 2017
What was it all about?
In January 2017 a complete assessment of the car parks within the borough was undertaken by an independent consultant. This consultation was required to look at the future of our car parks and how we can accommodate the growth within the town.
Following the consultation, a car parking report of Hinckley town centre was prepared for us. The report includes the outcome of the consultation and a suggested action plan to ensure an integrated and seamless transition for residents and visitors of the borough in the foreseeable future.
The overall short to medium term strategy should be:
- Improve existing car parking environments, including pedestrian wayfinding
- Implement the car park zonal system
- Introduce a weekend short stay tariff in long stay car parks to make better use of space
- Advertise existing parking supply and tariffs
The overall long term strategy should be:
- Deck over the Co-op car park to provide both short and long stay car parking at this location
- Consider potential for electric vehicle charging points
- Introduce discounted permits to better make use of underused Trinity Vicarage and protect car parking at this location once plans for the site become known
- Consider introducing a resident's parking permit allowing residents parking prior to 10am and post 3pm
Download the full car parking assessment of Hinckley town centre
To consider the action.
Last updated: 20/03/2017 16:12