What was it about?
Our annual Making a Difference Community Awards recognise the contribution that volunteers make in strengthening our community, and improving the quality of life for residents. The awards recognise both individual and group volunteering contributions.
We asked you to nominate a person or group that deserves recognition for the help they give to others.
Please note: Hinckley & Bosworth Borough councillors were not eligible for these awards.
How you could have got involved
Before nominating an individual or group, we asked you to:
- Read our nomination categories and criteria
- Read our privacy notice for award nominations
To submit your nomination, we asked you to tell us:
- Who you were nominating (individual or group)
- Your nominees, address, telephone number
- How your nominee makes a difference
- Upload a photograph of your nominee (optional)
- Upload additional information (optional)
- Your name, address, contact details
Closing date for nominations was Friday 1 May 2020.
We had planned to hold our annual Making a Difference Awards on 4 June 2020, to recognise and celebrate our many volunteers across the borough. Unfortunately this highlight in our events calendar is currently on hold, but in the interim we will be making specific arrangements to acknowledge and recognise those individuals who have been nominated for the 2020 Awards, as well as those who took the time to nominate them.
For more information, please contact Tracy O’Grady, Community Planning Officer on 01455 255818 or email: [email protected]
Sporting volunteers should be nominated for the Hinckley & Bosworth sports awards later in the year.
Last updated: 18/06/2020 08:57