Some online services will be unavailable from midnight on Sunday until 1am on Monday.List of services affected
What is the scheme and am I eligible?
The COVID winter support grant has been provided by the Government and given to local authorities to support families (with or without children) or individuals who are struggling financially over the winter period with:
- Energy costs
It is not to be used for:
- Payment of rent or other household costs
- General advice on managing debt and/or finances
What help is available?
The following help could be available to you:
- Food vouchers
- Fuel vouchers towards prepayment meter credit, redeemable cash vouchers to pay off energy arrears or heating fuel purchases
- Heated seats
Will I be eligible?
Examples of those who may be eligible for help:
- A family with vulnerable children aged from birth to five years or you may not qualify for free school meals but you are known to social workers and the children and family wellbeing service, but you are not accessing free early education entitlement (FEEE)
- A family (or individual) with or without children who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, which means that you are struggling to feed your family, to heat your home or with other household costs
- Part of the gypsy and travelling community
You must also meet the following criteria to apply:
- You must be a resident of Leicestershire over the age of 16
- Be a family with or without children who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, which means that you are struggling to feed your family, to heat your home or with other household costs
- Be able to provide evidence of financial hardship, for example, on furlough, on reduced hours, if you have been made redundant and you have not yet received universal credit or you have a loss of household income
- You must be able to provide evidence of identity and address for yourself and partner if you have one
Last updated: 12/03/2021 09:59