Tackling anti-social behaviour during COVID-19

What does this mean and how can we help?

If you are affected by anti-social behaviour (ASB)

If you are affected by anti social behaviour and want to speak to someone in confidence, please phone 01455 238 141 or complete our online referral form

Tackling ASB

We understand that many victims of ASB will be feeling worried and unsure of where to turn as many agencies are re-deploying colleagues to help customers in other ways.

Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council has adapted many of its services as it responds to issues arising from COVID-19, including its response to managing anti-social behaviour. At a time of so much uncertainty in all aspects of our lives, it’s never been more important that our customers have confidence in our ability to deal with anti-social behaviour that will only serve to further detriment their health and wellbeing.

Following on from the government’s announcement, a high volume of households now remain at home, so what could this mean:

  • Increase in noise nuisance
  • Households flouting the ‘stay at home’ policy
  • More people feeling isolated and anxious
  • Money worries putting a strain on families and individuals
  • People becoming intolerant as they struggle to adapt to a new, albeit temporary, way of life
  • A reduction in support services as key agencies are diverted elsewhere

Changes to our ASB service

As we follow government advice and try our best to keep both staff and customer safe and well, we are now prioritising telephone or email contact with our customers. Although our investigations will be different, we are committed to doing the following:

  • Work with other agencies
  • Signpost customers to specialised victim support services
  • Signpost perpetrators to support services
  • Offer access to the Noise App if needed
  • Increase contact with vulnerable customers
  • Encourage the use of technology to record ASB if it is safe to do so
  • Signpost to our website to log ASB to ease the pressure on customer services
  • Issue verbal warnings over the telephone and written warnings via email
  • Issue Notice of Seeking Possession for breaches of tenancy
  • Apply for formal sanctions in the most serious cases, including Injunctions and Closure Orders.

Last updated: ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2021‎ ‎10‎:‎45‎