Not sure if you’re entitled to a council discount or exemption or a benefit?


Council tax discounts and exemptions

You may be entitled to a discount or an exemption due to your circumstances. For example, you might live on your own, be a student or have a carer.

More information:

Help paying council tax: you can't afford to pay your council tax bill

You may be entitled to help paying your council tax bill because you are on a low income or have no income. This help is called council tax support and second adult rebate.

More information:

  1. Check whether you might be entitled to help: benefits advice before you apply
  2. Apply for help paying council tax

Please note

You may be entitled to both a council tax discount or exemption and help paying your council tax.

‎Last updated: 20‎/‎10‎/‎2017‎ 15:47