£31,099 per annum pro rata (salary includes a market supplement) plus standby and emergency call out payments - Permanent Employment Contract
Closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023
£31,099 per annum pro rata (salary includes a market supplement) plus standby and emergency call out payments
37 hours per week, permanent contract
We are looking for an independent and self-motivated Arborist Climber to join the Green Spaces team at Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council.
Our Arborist Climbers play a vital part in the care and maintenance of trees at parks and green spaces across the borough and applicants must be committed to improving public open spaces and working with local communities to make a positive difference to a high profile and priority service of the council.
We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate with previous climbing and chainsaw experience who has the skills to work safely and effectively to improve our green spaces.
• Ariel / ground Pruning
• Crown reduction
• Lifting and thinning
• Section and straight Felling
• Stump treatment / removal
• Ariel rescue
• Root Pruning
• Operation of climbing equipment and carry out self-examination of climbing ropes and other PPE and equipment related to Arboriculture.
• Chapter 8 lighting signing and guarding to make a safe working zone
• Tree planting, woodland maintenance and chemical application and immature tree maintenance
• Driving mobile elevated work platform (IPAF) and up to 7.5 tonne vehicle including tractors
• Use of Various chippers and shredders
• Grounds maintenance duties
• Emergency Tree works 24/7 as part of the authorities call out service when required to cover emergency tree works across the borough.
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity please call Tony Cunnington, Senior Green Space Officer (Operations) on 01455 255853.
To apply online click 'Apply for job' below or for an application pack call 01455 255836 quoting reference: C262
Closing date: 5 February 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
We welcome applications from all of the community.
Benefits include flexible working options, generous pension scheme and annual leave plus bank holidays.
Reasonable workplace adjustments are considered for all rolesApply for job