Published Monday, 13 April 2015
A FULL and varied programme of free music concerts will take place in the bandstand at Argents Mead, Hinckley, throughout the summer.
This summer’s line-up features some new and original acts including Motown and soul, jazz, rhythm and blues, alternative rock and pop.
The season opens on Saturday 9 May and continues until 15 August. All the performances will take place on Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 3pm with a short interval in the middle and all performances are free of charge.
Ian Daniels, Chair of the Town Centre Partnership, said: “I know that people look forward to these concerts every summer and this looks like great line up. I’m sure it will bring even more people into the town. It’s perfect for bringing a picnic and enjoying a relaxing afternoon of free entertainment.”
The Argents Mead bandstand and grassed area will be unaffected by the construction of the new leisure centre, which is now well underway.
The full line-up is given below:
- 9 May - The Swing Museum (Gypsy Swing Quartet)
- 23 May - The Tones (Motown and soul)
- 6 June - Peter Crebbin and his Cool Swing Band (9-piece jazz and swing)
- 20 June - Tuxedo Junction (Award winning barbershop choir)
- 4 July - Beneath the Lights (Alternative rock)
- 18 July - Over the Limit (Soft rock and power pop)
- 1 August - Treacle Town (Rhythm and blues)
- 15 August - Covernote (Covers band with brass section)
More information is available here at www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/musicinthemead
- More articles in the press release archive