Barwell site (tip)
Stapleton Lane, Barwell, LE9 8HE.
This service is provided by Leicestershire County Council. There is a charge to take some types of non-household waste to the tip. Find out about waste charges (leicestershire.gov.uk). If you require further information on waste charges, please visit Leicestershire County Council's website
Barwell site - current opening times
- Summer opening times are 9am to 7pm (1 April to 30 September). Open five days a week. Closed Thursdays and Fridays. Open Saturday to Wednesday
- Winter opening times are 9am to 4pm (1 October to 31 March). Open five days a week. Closed Thursdays and Fridays. Open Saturday to Wednesday
- Vehicles are allowed access to the site up to five minutes before closing time
- Vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- All sites are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Please do not visit the sites when they are closed. People caught tipping waste when the sites are closed are liable to prosecution.
Example of items recycled at the site on Stapleton Lane in Barwell:
- Plastic bottles and plastics
- Tapes and discs
- Scrap metal and food/drink cans
- Clothes and shoes
- Garden waste (restrictions apply - see below)
- Cardboard and paper
- Glass (charges may apply for some types of glass)
- Batteries, fluorescent tubes, low energy bulbs, mobile phones
- Small electrical appliances, fridges/freezers, other electrical items, TVs and monitors
- Car batteries and used engine oil
- Chipboard, wood and plasterboard
- Cooking oil
You may need a permit (leicestershire.gov.uk) for some types of garden and household waste.
You can also search for recycling facilities (recyclenow.com) in your area by using the national website and typing in your postcode.
Last updated: 25/08/2017 11:08:27