Council tax bands and charges
About council tax bands
Charges by band
Your council tax bill will state the property's valuation band. The Valuation Office allocates your home to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1 April 1991 (see below).
Please check your banding on this site as it's data is the most up-to-date.
If your property was built after this date, it would be subject to the same valuation criteria and assessed using 1991 values.
Valuation band ranges are as follows:
- Band A: Up to and including £40,000
- Band B: £40,001 to £52,000
- Band C: £52,001 to £68,000
- Band D: £68,001 to £88,000
- Band E: £88,001 to £120,000
- Band F: £120,001 to £160,000
- Band G: £160,001 to £320,000
- Band H: More than £320,000
You may be entitled to a discount. For example, as a single person, you are entitled to a 25% discount. More about the discounts and exemptions
If your enquiry is about the council tax band given to your property, you need to contact the Valuation Office Agency