Council tax bands and charges
About council tax bands
Your council tax bill will state the property's valuation band.
The Valuation Office Agency allocates the band: it will allocate your dwelling to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1st April 1991 (see below).
If your property was built after this date, it would be subject to the same valuation criteria and assessed using 1991 values. Valuation band ranges are as follows:
- Band A: Up to and including £40,000
- Band B: £40,001 to £52,000
- Band C: £52,001 to £68,000
- Band D: £68,001 to £88,000
- Band E: £88,001 to £120,000
- Band F: £120,001 to £160,000
- Band G: £160,001 to £320,000
- Band H: More than £320,000
As a single person, you are entitled to a 25% discount. More about the discount
Please check your banding on this site as the Valuation office Agency holds the most up to date data.
If your enquiry is about the council tax band given to your property, you need to contact the Valuation Office Agency