Do I need planning permission?

Before you apply for planning permission

Houses in Bagworth

We offer pre-application advice for householders and major development proposals.

Extending or carrying out work on your home

Visit the Planning Portal interactive guide for assistance.

A set of self assessment forms have been developed for you to assess whether you require planning permission for your proposed development. These can be found under self assessment forms.

If you answer 'yes' to any of the questions in the forms, or do not comply with any conditions, then you will need to submit a planning application. This can be submitted online through the Planning Portal.

You are also advised, if not already known, to check whether permitted development rights have been removed, if your property is in a conservation area or if it is a listed building.
Download a permitted development rights enquiry form (DOC)

If you want written confirmation that planning permission is not required, then you will need to submit a certificate of lawful proposed development.

You should complete a self assessment form, even if you are just replacing an extension or outbuilding and base your answers on the proposed works taking place.

You may also require building regulations consent for the works you are proposing. Please refer to building regulations for further guidance.