Introduction to housing repairs and maintenance
A tenancy agreement is a legal contract between you as the tenant and us, as your landlord. It sets out your rights, responsibilities and the things we will do.
You are responsible for making sure that you, your visitors and any lodgers you might have, comply with the conditions of your tenancy.
We agree, amongst other things, to carry out certain repairs to keep the property in a good condition. The Housing Repairs Team deals with the maintenance and upkeep of council owned houses, flats, bungalows, sheltered complexes and garages. Below are some of the tasks that we carry out:
- Property inspections and surveys
- Conditional consent for tenant improvements and alterations
- Repairs to the main structure of the property
- Out of hours emergency property repairs to council owned properties
- Adaptation of council owned properties, following a referral from Social Services
- Servicing and repair of all gas appliances belonging to the council
- Programmed improvements to council owned properties
- External decoration of council owned properties
Last updated: 06/03/2017 16:59