Dates for 2019
A list of dates and performance details is shown below. All performances take place in the bandstand in Argents Mead on Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 3pm, with a short interval in the middle. Several of the performers listed are new to Music in the Mead this year.
- 11 May - Steven Faulkner, with Dan Gerrey on percussion, will perform a range of popular covers from artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, David Bowie, Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age, using loop pedals and percussion along with guitars and vocals
- 25 May - Out of Gas will perform popular covers from the sixties to the present
- 8 June - The Stanley Opera Company. 30 members of the company, soloists and chorus, will perform music from musical theatre and opera
- 22 June - Prime, a five-piece band will perform classic soul and rock covers
- 6 July - All or Nothing will perform classic rock music
- 27 July - Ella-May will perform a range of contemporary pop covers
- 3 August - JT & The Rhythm Boys perform a range of sixties classics from The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, The Searchers, The Hollies, The Bee Gees, The Monkees and many more
- 17 August - Male harmony group 4th Avenue (pictured) return to the Mead following their record-breaking show last year. Danny, Adam, Dougie and Tom will perform their version of iconic songs. The Midlands's answer to The Overtones
- 31 August - Sam Southall returns to the Mead to perform a range of pop covers
- 14 September - Impact Steel Band bring a taste of the Caribbean to the Mead, performing a wide range of music from calypso, classical, pop, reggae and jazz. All played with the sultry, enigmatic, captivating sounds of the steel pans
More live music at the Feast Hinckley food festival
Feast Hinckley on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 August will again feature two live bands in the bandstand on both days of the food festival.
Last updated: 26/03/2019 13:34:05