There have been changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact us if you require assistance. Get the latest service information, government news and business support and advice.Coronavirus: information, advice and FAQs
Dates for 2020
It is with regret that Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council have taken the decision to cancel all of their events that were due to take place before the end of May 2020.
We have made this decision in accordance with the latest government guidance, that we should stop non-essential contact with other people, this includes large gatherings and crowded places such as our events. We will continue to monitor and review the situation for any events that are due to take place from June onwards and of course keep you updated.
All performances will take place in the bandstand in Argents Mead on Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 3pm, with a short interval in the middle.
List of remaining dates for 2020:
- 6 June - Take It From The Top perform energetic big band, jazz, swing and blues
- 20 June - The Stanley Opera Company. 30 members of the company, soloists and chorus, will perform music from musical theatre and opera
- 4 July - The Misterons are a local 5-piece guitar-based Rock/Pop/Mod/Ska band, performing popular covers from a wide variety of bands such as The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Jam, Blondie, T-Rex, Oasis, Stereophonics, Kings of Leon, and The Specials
- 25 July - Impact Steel Band, a four-piece steel pan band bring a taste of the Caribbean to the Mead
- 1 August - Kerosene are a local four-piece band with a female vocalist, performing covers from artists such as Amy Winehouse, Texas, Imelda May, Inxs, Joan Jett and many more
- 15 August - 4th Avenue (pictured) return to the Mead following a successful year performing all over the midlands and beyond. Danny, Adam, Dougie and Tom will perform their version of iconic songs. The midlands answer to The Overtones
- 29 August - The Sounds of Swing. Dean Thomas performs Rat Pack classics from the likes of Old' Blue Eyes Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis J, Bobby Darin and many, many more
- 12 September - WMD perform foot tapping classics including material from Stereophonics, Snow Patrol, George Ezra, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, The Specials, The Hollies, The Bee Gees, Bruce Springsteen and many, many more
Last updated: 18/03/2020 09:36