About sports clubs
Local sports clubs play a crucial part in the provision of sport across the borough. The Sport, Health and Well-being team is here to support clubs to grow and develop. If your club would like support with funding, capital development or creating a junior section then please get in touch (see contact details below).
We encourage clubs that wish to attain Clubmark recognition (Club Matters Sport England), either through their governing body, or for those governing bodies that don't award Clubmark through Leicester-shire and Rutland Sport.
Club Matters Sport England Clubmark aims to:
- Ensure that credited partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes
- To empower parent(s)/carer(s) when choosing a club for their children
- To ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding
- To provide a focus around which all organisations involved in sport can come together, to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people
- Clubmark accreditation is awarded to clubs that comply with minimum operating standards
Before taking part in any activities listed on these pages, we strongly recommend that you make appropriate checks to ensure high quality provision and a safe environment is provided. Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council accepts no liability (to the full extent permitted by law) for the quality of the activities provided.
Last updated: 12/03/2020 11:14