Report an abandoned vehicle
If you notice vehicles apparently abandoned, you can report this to the Borough Council. If deemed as abandoned, we will then investigate and remove. When reporting incidents, please provide the following information:
- Date vehicle seen (vehicle needs to have been at the location for 14 days or more)
- Exact location (street name and village)
- Condition of the vehicle, for example, burnt out or vandalised
- Make and model of vehicle
- Registration number
- Colour of vehicle
- If you know whether the vehicle is taxed
- If you know whether the vehicle has an owner
- Other information that may be relevant
We also ask for your details because this will help us if the location given is a local name and not easy to find on our maps. We can also provide feedback as required.
Please note that we can investigate an abandoned vehicle on your land if you, as the landlord or landowner, provide written request for us to investigate the abandoned vehicle. You can upload this request in the online form.
Please note that obstructively parked vehicles should be reported to the police on the non-emergency number 101 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
Have you got a vehicle that needs to be disposed of for scrap? Remember that scrap metal can be valuable so you should be able to find a local company who will purchase your vehicle. These companies are likely to advertise in the local papers and the yellow pages directory.
Last updated: 22/05/2019 09:34