Street name plates

How to report a damaged road name plate

The Clean Neighbourhoods team is responsible for replacing street name plates on public highways within the borough of Hinckley and Bosworth.

If you notice that a street name plate is damaged or wish to discuss a particular problem, then please complete our online form.

To report a problem with a street name plate, tell us:

  • Location:
  • The problem (you also have the option to provide a photograph)
  • Your contact details (optional)

Report issue with a street name plate

Alternatively, contact us on 01455 238141.

More about street name plates

All name plates are individually manufactured therefore brand-new name plates can take up to six weeks to be produced, delivered and installed.

Please note: In respect of new developments, it is the developer's responsibility to arrange and erect the street name plates, the name plate will only become the responsibility of the Borough Council when the road is adopted.

Other highway signs

The borough council only has responsibility for street name plates. If you have any queries regarding other highway signage then please contact Leicestershire County Council on their helpline 0116 305 0001, or visit the county website pages in respect of highways

Last updated: ‎19/10/2023 10:45