Water leaks and blocked drains in roads

What to do if the highway is flooded

The highway authority in the Hinckley and Bosworth Borough area is Leicestershire County Council. They are responsible for keeping roads free of floods and providing run-off for the water. If you are flooded by water from a highway, or if road drains are blocked, you should contact Leicestershire County Council Highways Department on 0116 2657127 or report a flood online (leicestershire.gov.uk)

Councils do not have a statutory duty to provide residents with sandbags or flood sacks. However, in an emergency we will work with the emergency services to help coordinate the response. We may provide sandbags as an emergency response to flooding, although we are not obliged to. Residents wishing to have sandbags prior to any event who are able-bodied should, during the working week, obtain them from local builders' merchants.

Sandbags will not be made available for the protection of gardens, outbuildings or garages.

Elderly and disabled people who wish to have sandbags in advance should contact us on 01455 238141. During emergencies, sandbags will be provided to elderly and disabled people in priority before other members of the public. Due to demand, it will not be possible to deliver to everybody, therefore it is better for sandbags or other defences to be obtained prior to an event.

To report a burst water main, please contact Severn Trent on 0800 783 4444 or visit Severn Trent Water (stwater.co.uk)

Last updated: ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2023‎ 16‎:‎27