Reporting an issue and the action we can take

The action we can take

Any action taken by us must be proportionate (for example, it is usually inappropriate to take formal action against a minor or technical breach of control, which causes no harm to amenities in the locality of the site).

We would be unlikely to take formal enforcement action against a landowner for something we would have granted planning permission for in the first place. 

We, as a local planning authority, may also invite the submission of an application to regularise the breach. In this instance, we would consult with the public, parish councils and statutory consultees.

Please note, the fact that a breach has occurred is not a reason for refusing retrospective consent.

Last updated: 20/02/2024 10:58:25