Playing Pitch Strategy
In June 2017, Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, working in partnership with Sport England and the National Governing Bodies of Sport, commissioned external consultants to produce a Playing Pitch Strategy for the period 2018 to 2036 (this will cover the Local Plan period 2016 to 2036).
What does it cover?
The strategy covers the sports of football, cricket, rugby, golf, hockey, tennis and bowls. For each of the sports covered, the assessment report aims to:
- Summarise the current supply of facilities
- Outline current demand and evaluate likely future demand
- Evaluate the overall adequacy of provision to meet current and projected future demand
- Identify the key issues for the Playing Pitch Strategy to address
The Strategy Report & Action Plan document will build on the issues identified and set out strategic priorities and actions for delivery.
Strategic vision of the Playing Pitch Strategy
The strategic vision of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council and its partners is that: 'The Playing Pitch Strategy will help secure access to high quality opportunities for sport and recreation across the borough, contributing to the improvement of the health and well-being of communities. The strategy will help to ensure that the planning policies in the Hinckley and Bosworth Local Plan are based on a robust and up-to-date assessment of the needs for outdoor sports facilities.'
Download the documents
Download the Assessment Report and Strategy Report & Action Plan:
- Playing Pitch Strategy Assessment Report (March 2019) (PDF)
- Playing Pitch Strategy Action Plan (March 2019) (PDF)
If you require these documents in any other format, please get in touch with Planning Policy using the contact details below.
Last updated: 18/12/2020 10:57