Regaining possession of a privately rented property

Information on regaining possession

If you are considering giving notice to your tenants, then please consider a new free service call B4 you serve ( which is available to all landlords before a Section 8 or Section 21 is served.

Legislation changes

The changes to notice periods enacted under the Coronavirus Act 2020 have now been removed. Notice periods have returned to normal for both section 21 and section 8 notices. Courts are processing applications but are working through backlogs of cases. If you are in the process of eviction, it may be worth speaking to your tenants to find a mutual way forward or come to an agreement to resolve any issues (for example, a payment plan for rental arrears) and have them remain in the property.

Further information:

Last updated: 15/03/2022 11:54