About council tax bands
Charges by band 2022 to 2023:
- View council tax charges by band 2022 to 2023
- Overview of council tax bills 2022 to 2023
- Council tax leaflet 2022 to 2023 (PDF)
Charges by band 2021 to 2022:
Your council tax bill will state the property's valuation band. The Valuation Office allocates your home to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1 April 1991 (see below).
Please check your banding on this site as its data is the most up-to-date.
If your property was built after this date, it would be subject to the same valuation criteria and assessed using 1991 values.
Valuation band ranges are as follows:
- Band A: Up to and including £40,000
- Band B: £40,001 to £52,000
- Band C: £52,001 to £68,000
- Band D: £68,001 to £88,000
- Band E: £88,001 to £120,000
- Band F: £120,001 to £160,000
- Band G: £160,001 to £320,000
- Band H: More than £320,000
You may be entitled to a discount. For example, as a single person, you are entitled to a 25% discount. More about the discounts and exemptions
If your enquiry is about the council tax band given to your property, you need to contact the Valuation Office Agency