- Always contact the local authority to check whether the trees are protected by a tree preservation order, planning constraints, or being within a conservation area: tree preservation order check
- Always employ a suitably trained professional tree contractor, who is covered by public liability insurance (always ask for proof)
- Never employ house callers or leaflet droppers touting for tree work
- Reputable tree contractors will always have some form of professional identification and qualification proof. Always ask to see it
- Reputable tree contractors can be found in the Yellow Pages
Employing a tree contractor
Tree work is a skilled profession and can be hazardous. Proper tree work contractors have the right equipment, insurance, skills and knowledge of tree law for their own and your protection. You should always employ a professionally-accredited tree contractor for work on protected trees.
Last updated: 21/11/2017 09:03