Gambling Act 2005 - premises licence
Licensing authorities issue the following premises licences:
- Casino premises licence
- Bingo premises licence
- Adult gaming centre premises licence (enabling Category B (£500) and C (£70) gaming machines to be made available for use at the premises)
- Family entertainment centre premises licence (enabling Category C (£70) and D gaming machines to be made available for use at the premises)
- Betting premises licence (enabling the provision of facilities for betting, by making or accepting bets or by acting as a betting intermediary)
An application for a premises licence may only be made by persons (this includes companies or partnerships) who:
- Are over the age of 18
- Have an operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission which allows a person to carry out the proposed activity
- Have applied for an operating licence (the premises licence may only be issued once the operating licence has been issued) from the Gambling Commission
A premises licence does not authorise the use of premises for more than one type of activity, except in the case of a track. A licence may not be issued in respect of premises if those premises already have a premises licence in effect.
Vary or transfer a licence
Contact Licensing for an application form.
Last updated: 14/02/2023 11:47