Gambling Act 2005 - Policy
Under the Gambling Act 2005, Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council (as the licensing authority) is required to publish a statement of principles (policy) which will define the principles we will apply in exercising our gambling licensing functions as laid out by the Act.
The aim of the policy is to promote the following three licensing objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
What does the policy seek to achieve?
We want this policy document to:
- Provide applicants with a clear, consistent basis for submitting applications and notices
- Provide a clear, consistent basis for determining licence applications
- Ensure the relevant views of those affected by licensed premises are taken into consideration
- Ensure local area issues are taken into account by licensed premises
- Support wider strategies of the Council and the approach to gambling in the town
After a lengthy consultation period the Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Principles (policy) was adopted by the Council on 5 October 2021.
How can I get a copy of the current policy?
To obtain a copy of the current policy and the associated equality impact assessment contact Licensing
Last updated: 14/06/2022 09:35