Apply for assistance to adapt your home

How to apply

We will seek to assist you if you have disabilities or health related problems that affect your access to live in your home. This involves working with partners such as Leicestershire County Council based Occupational Therapists, who carry out the initial assessment on requests for adaptations from our tenants. The following steps should be followed should you think you may be entitled to assistance:

  1. You should first contact the Social Services Office on 0116 3050004. You will be asked about the difficulties that you are experiencing and if appropriate, a home visit will be arranged. This is sometimes a joint visit with the Repairs Surveyor.
  2. Your needs will be assessed by the Occupational Therapist, who will discuss your needs and agree with you what adaptations are required.
  3. The Repairs Team will be informed in writing of the adaptations required to your home.
  4. The Repairs Team will assess if it is reasonable to adapt your home. If the required adaptations cannot be completed in your current home a move to more suitable accommodation may be an alternative option, you will be contacted by a housing officer to discuss a transfer application.
  5. If your property is suitable for adaptions, these will be put in hand with a suitably qualified contractor.

Please note, these adaptions are placed on a waiting list and held in date order for completion.

Last updated: ‎19/06/2023 11:29