The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Policy review, equality and diversity management
This policy will be reviewed on a bi-annual basis to identify any changes required to our procedures.
Equality and diversity management
The Equality Duty (Equality Act 2010) ensures that public bodies consider the needs of all individuals in their day-to-day work and functions. It is expected the Housing Team ensure fairness and accessibility for all and that they take the following public duties very seriously:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct that is unlawful under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic (see below) and those who do not
- Foster good relations between persons who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
It is expected that all partners pay due regard to the nine protected characteristics:
- Gender re-assignment
- Disability (including physical disability, learning disability, mental health and long-term illness)
- Ethnicity and race
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and belief
- Marital status and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
We will ensure that no individual are discriminated against on grounds of marital status, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, racial ground or other personal attributes including religious beliefs or political opinions.
Last updated: 16/01/2024 08:38