About private housing
The role of the Private Sector Housing Team
The Private Sector Housing Team consists of a strong multi-discipline team of staff. Each has specialist skills, knowledge and duties in a field that complements the overall function of the team.
We are responsible for:
- Home improvement financial assistance
- Disabled facilities grants for privately owned, privately rented and housing association accommodation
- Encourage privately-owned empty homes to be brought back into use through advice and where appropriate enforcement action
- Providing guidance and taking appropriate enforcement action in privately owned and rented accommodation including houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)
- Providing advice on home insulation and energy conservation
The team takes pride in its effort to ensure that homes in the borough are energy efficient and in a safe and decent condition.
For further information regarding the services offered by the team, please read our information on private housing
Copies of our policies are available on request by either completing our private sector housing team contact form or calling us on 01455 238141.
Last updated: 15/07/2022 15:15