Temporary traffic regulation order
Leicestershire County Council Highways has agreed to a temporary traffic regulation order for the Hinckley Zone 4 junction improvement works, which will be undertaken by Eurovia on behalf of Leicestershire County Council.
The works will be undertaken in two phases:
Phase 1: Rugby Road junction with Hawley Road and Westfield Road.
Works will commence on Wednesday 6 April for approximately 20 weeks where the following temporary restrictions will be required to safely undertake the works:
- Hawley Road will be temporarily closed in one direction – traffic will be able to access Hawley Road from Rugby Road
- Westfield Road will be temporarily closed in one direction – traffic will be able to access Westfield Road from Rugby Road
- Rutland Avenue will be closed at the junction with Rugby Road
- Temporary two-way signals will be in place on Rugby Road
- A full overnight road closure of the junction will be required at the end of phase 1 to undertake the final resurfacing, further information will be issued relating to this nearer to the date
Phase 2: Brookside junction with Rugby Road and Dudley Rise
Works on phase 2 will commence when phase one is completed.
The temporary restrictions will include:
- Temporary traffic signals at the junction with Brookside/Dudley Rise and Rugby Road
- Temporary road closures will be required as phase two progresses, further information relating to the timings of these closures will be issued nearer to the date
During the closures, alternative routes available to all traffic (one.network)
Last updated: 09/05/2022 12:59