Cycling for fitness, pleasure or transport
There are plenty of places to discover and beautiful countryside to explore within the borough, so why not get on your bike and get out there. Cycling is cheap, environmentally friendly, great for your mental and physical health and is a great way to spend time and have fun with family and friends.
Whenever you are out cycling don't forget to wear a cycle helmet, ensure you wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions, keep hydrated, plan your route and have a good knowledge of the highway code.
Cycling is a great way of keeping fit and can easily be incorporated into your daily schedule. Check out the Active Travel Hinckley Pages for more information about Cycling and how you can get involved.
Start cycling today and download a free cycling map (choosehowyoumove.co.uk), produced by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with Hinckley and Bosworth Active Together team. There are six local cycle routes around Leicester and Leicestershire to choose from.
Get into cycling in Leicestershire
Cycling is great fun - it can help you to get fit, save money on fuel and it's a more environmentally friendly way to make every day journeys. Some ideas of how you can get on your bike more often:
- Cycle to work or part of your journey to work
- Organise a cycle ride for your friends and family - choose a cycling route from one of our local maps or the wider National Cycling Network
- Go for a lunchtime bike ride with colleagues
- Cycle to school with the kids, or to the park
- Cycle to the shops
- Join a local club and get involved in local cycling events such as The Mallory Mile
Last updated: 15/01/2016 14:40