Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council reviewed its current hackney carriage and private hire vehicle licensing policies and conditions in 2008.
The primary aim of the review of the current policies was to ensure that high standards of public safety are maintained through the operations of the licensed vehicle trade within the borough, in addition to ensuring that the public has reasonable access to Hackney carriage and private hire services.
The policy document was approved for consultation on Wednesday 24 September 2008 at a meeting of the Licensing Committee. The consultation period ran from 1 October 2008 until 31 January 2009 and was open to comment from:
- Hackney and private hire drivers
- Operators of hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
- Hackney carriage and private hire users
- Interested parties including:
- Disability groups
- Local partnership groups
- Transport user groups
- The National Taxi & Private Hire Association
- We also invited web users to take part in the consultation
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council adopted this policy following recommendation from Licensing Committee at a meeting of the council on 28 April 2009.
If you would like a copy of the hackney carriage and private hire policy contact Licensing
Last updated: 07/07/2020 12:12