The process for new residential developments

The process for residential developments

Submitting an application

Find out how to submit the following types of applications and how to produce the necessary plans.

  • Planning permission in full, includes change of use
  • Outline planning permission with some matters reserved
  • Outline planning permission with all matters reserved
  • Planning permission and conservation area consent for demolition in a conservation area
  • Planning permission and listed building consent for alterations, extensions, demolition of a listed building

To find the above forms or apply online for permission, refer to submitting a planning application via the Planning Portal: applications (

To find out what documents/plans are required to accompany your application refer to our national and local requirements.

Last updated: 13/04/2023 09:36