- Be civil, tasteful and relevant
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Do not swear
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details
- Do not post overtly party political comments
- Do not advertise products or services
- Do not impersonate someone else
We reserve the right to remove any posts which break the above guidelines.
Please do not make libellous statements. In law, this means a statement that lowers the reputation of a person or organisation in the eyes of a reasonable person. By publishing such a statement we can both get into serious trouble. We will therefore take down any statement that could be deemed to be libellous.
In the six week run up to an election - local, general or European - councils have to very careful not to do or say anything that could seen in any way to support any political party or candidate. The period is known as purdah. We will continue to publish important service announcements using social media but may have to remove responses if they are overtly party political.
Last updated: 17/01/2018 12:37:46