Service privacy notice
Your information may be used under legal or contractual obligation or public task under various UK laws, including but not limited to:
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Equality Act 2010
Your information may also be used in the following areas of law and common law:
- Local government
- Judicial review
Your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To answer Freedom of Information requests, Data Protection requests and complaints
- To monitor Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIPA) authorisations, and to manage legal cases
Your information may be shared with the following third parties:
- The courts
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Employment tribunals
- Legal representatives of other parties
- Expert witnesses
- The police and other crime enforcement agencies
- Other public authorities
- Government departments such as HMRC and DWP
- Land Registry
- Debt collectors
- Union representatives (with consent)
- Local archives office
- Elected members and MPs (as your representative)
- Contractors providing IT services
We will only share the data with third parties if we are required by law to do so. We will not sell your data or use it for marketing purposes without your consent. We will keep your personal data for as long as required to do so under relevant legislation or in accordance with our operational requirements.
You have the rights to access the data we process about you under the General Data Protection Regulation; and you should contact the council to exercise this right. You also have the right to ask for your data to be erased, restricted or made portable in certain circumstances.
Please note that not all of these rights apply to all processing. Your information will be processed in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. Please contact the information Governance Officer on 01455 255745 should you have any questions regarding your rights or records retention.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Alternatively, visit ICO or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 10/05/2019 14:59